Skip to main content

Our Greek Erasmus+ Experience

 

The Greek mobility was more than amazing, and with the hospitality of the participants, it really felt like home. My host and his family were really kind and caring, it felt like I've been living with them for my whole life. The amazing programs were balanced pretty well with the free time, basically we learned a lot, but we weren't overwhelmed by the waves of information. I have to mention the beautiful landscape of Greece, especially the Cretan landscape. As a Hungarian, it was amusing to see mountains through the living room's window. And let's not forget about the cuisine. It's quite different from our cuisine, but not in a negative way. The different meats and salads are really well made, and the seasoning of the dishes is on point. All in all, I can't say anything bad about this trip, it was a wonderful experience.

Dávid


The first thing that I have to say is that I had a wonderful experience. My host family was super kind and they showed me, how a real Cretan family lived. They were really loving and the whole hospitality was great. We became very good friends with all of the students and I generally had a really good time there. My personal favourite day was when we went to the aquarium and Rethymno city. Of course we can’t forget about the food. I could try a lot of Cretan and Greek food and my favourite was definitely gyros. All in all I can say that I would do it again if I could and nobody should ever miss out on an experience like this.
Kata 

I think, that I was lucky to be in Crete and I was lucky because I had an amazing host, I’ve learned so much from her. The life there was definitely different, than in Hungary/ at home. Her family was really nice and kind, they were opened for anything, they showed us how a Greek family lives.

The programs were amazing and they went smoothly and were interesting for everyone, my personal favourite was Rethymno city and the Knossos Palace.

The foods were amazing, I finally had the opportunity to try the real Greek gyros.

The students were really nice and direct, they helped us a lot.

The only thing that bothered me was the rain, other than that everything was fine.

Lili

Erasmus wasn’t a new thing for me, this was my second time with this program. First I hesitated a bit, because in my age we have to concentrate on so many things in our lives, such as learning, exams and further education. Now, when I'm after the whole experience, I can say I don’t regret any minute of participating.

Greece was on my bucket list for so long and I can’t believe it became true. The way I see it, that week was the absolute perfection. Our host family was so nice and by the end of the week it felt like family. We have experienced so many new and awesome things. Sometimes I was surprised at how different it is from our own culture. The programs were all fascinating and educational, so if you wanted, you definitely could learn something about Greece. The best part of the days was always the meals. We could try new tastes, that I find interesting and I realised I love Greek kitchen.

This program not only introduced me to a new culture, but I was also able to make new friends around the world that are worth more than anything else.

In my opinion Erasmus is the best opportunity to learn languages, experience other cultures and make international friends. No one should ever miss it.

Réka 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Czech Experience

Hi everyone, I have just finished my Erasmus trip in the Czech Republic and I am really happy with what I have done. Both hosting and being hosted is a beautiful thing. I found myself in a very welcoming and prepared family. I also found some super friends with whom I shared a thousand memories that will always remain within me. The flower garden, Zlìn, Kromeritz chateau... are fantastic places that I will never forget. My favorite stop was the Velehrad church and the Modrá Archaeological Heritage Village There is an archaeological museum here, which shows what life was like in the Great Moravian State. From the Czech Republic I will certainly miss my host family and all my friends, even the long green meadows will remain in my heart, I will console myself with my beautiful sea in Sicily. I thank everyone, professors and organizers, who made this wonderful experience possible. Mattia, Italy

What amazed us the most in the Czech Republic

  Nikolay, Bulgaria           To begin with, Kromeriz amazed me with its beauty. The architecture was incredible, you don’t see that beautiful buildings every day, it just took my breath away. The flower garden, oh it was amazing as well. I couldn’t believe how there is such an amazing garden with so much plants and how they take care of every centimeter of that garden. Then the story of the factory of Rudolf Jelinek. It was incredible. But mostly I was awestruck of the people. The Czechs are people with big hearts. You can talk with them about everything, they are cool and hospitable. They are so calm with sense of humor and you can always have fun with them. As a whole, I liked everything in Czech, I can’t say that I didn’t like something, everything was brilliant. I was really amazed of that country.   Simona, Bulgaria I was really impressed by the flower garden . I have never been to such a place and it was really beautiful for me there . The fountain was made very beautif

Our Bulgarian Trip: A Rich Mix of Impressions

  We really enjoyed the variety of places and experiences that we could experience on our Bulgarian mobility. For some of us the highlight was the Bulgarian nature - the Prachodna Cave was really impressive and it was a reward to experience it after a hike in the woods! Some of us liked Etar - an open-air museum where we could see a bit of the history of the region we were staying in with the traditional crafts and architecture. And some of us won’t forget the fun we had in the Museum of optical illusions, which was really funny. And on top of that: baking the local speciality at our hosting school, meeting future artists and trying to make our own sculptures and souvenirs (We don’t think we were very successful.) and then, meeting a real star of Bulgarian pop-music! We really think we tasted a variety of flavours of Bulgarian culture and nature and we will never forget! Thank you, Bulgaria for our Erasmus experience!   Team Czech Republic